I have decided to turn to you, the blogging public, to flesh out the list of things that I should do and things that I should pass on doing. –And what is the difference between a mid-life crisis list and a bucket list? They look suspiciously similar.
- Tattoo (I’ve never found some picture that I want etched on my hide for all time)
- Bungee jump (I’ve jumped out of so many perfectly good airplanes and helicopters that it seems anti-climactic)
- Buy out a vitamin store (To try and live longer — uh, no)
- Shag a sheep – no interest there, or to hook up with Hillary Clinton, which is substantively the same thing.
- Motorcycle. I was going to get another Yamaha V-Max but I’m moving hard in the direction of the Ducati Diavel. I’ve been riding bikes all my life so it doesn’t so much qualify as adding to the crisis as just buying another bike.
- Climb Mt. Everest. Ok, though it’s on the list, I don’t think that I’ll get around to actually doing it. First off, I have no real draw to Nepal. I may settle on the Jungfrau or Eiger since I prefer Switzerland… And truth be told, I may just sit in a hot tub in a chalet, with a beverage in hand, a pretty woman sitting next to me and watch others climb the Eiger. Is my age telling on me?