* A new Department of Defense (DOD) report found that the U.S. military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damages, with the Air Force saying the damage was “unrepairable.” The DOD inspector general reported last week that the eight bases housing the refugees in Texas, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Virginia, New Mexico, and Indiana are asking for repair money after they sustained over a quarter-billion dollars in damage.
Over 17 days, 120,000 largely unvetted evacuees were taken to the U.S. amid the deadly, botched withdrawal that saw Afghanistan fall under Taliban control. We currently send the Taliban about $1 billion in foreign aid. Maybe we use those earmarked funds to fix the bases, then use the rest to build homes for veterans who were gravely disabled in that war?
* It’s been difficult to write satire during the past couple of woke years. Blogging every day isn’t easy in and of itself but when these news stories break, it simply boggles the mind.
* Real Clear Science published a report that highlighted the experiences many Americans had with the electrically powered vehicles (EVs) during the winter storm, and the limitations on EVs in the cold weather were clear for all to see. The biggest limitation faced by EVs was that the frigid temperatures reportedly cut the range of an EV by 40 percent or more.
The report stated that people traveling long distances for the holidays often could only travel 100 to 150 miles before having to stop and recharge. Not only is this inconvenient, but the short range and the time needed to stop and charge add a significant amount of time to any road trip.
That gets into the other major issue faced by EVs during the cold weather — charging times in sub-zero temperatures reportedly nearly doubled from approximately 25-35 minutes to 45-60 minutes.
* Mars is the only planet known to only be inhabited entirely by robots.
* Liz Cheney – Laughing all the way to the bank.
* If you were to go to a doctor and ask to have a perfectly good finger removed (for shits and giggles), he’d refer you to a psychiatrist. If you went to have your penis removed, you’d be congratulated and they’d whack it right off. You’d be touted as an inspiration to all…2023…hell of a year.
Spanking the Monkey
There is apparently a political undertone to men who masturbate. Failure to do so is now considered to be fascist.
As Philip Rieff puts Reich’s point, “A revolution must sweep out the family and its ruler, the father, no less cleanly than the old political gangs and their leaders…. The destruction, then, of the ancient mystique of fatherhood defines the revolutionary task.”
“Immediately after the war, the War Department undertook a study to determine the causes of psychiatric breakdown in American soldiers, using interviews to probe their minds. According to Adam Curtis’s BBC documentary The Century of the Self, the study was conducted under the guidance of refugee psychoanalysts from central Europe. The focus of these interviews, however, was not the soldiers’ wartime experiences but their childhoods. The stress of combat had merely triggered buried memories.
“And what were the findings of the study? The problems of these broken soldiers were due, not to violence, but to the repression of violence, and of sexuality, typical of family life. Small-town life in middle America, it turned out, was a breeding ground of precisely those unhealthy character traits that, under the right conditions, give rise to fascist movements.”
It’s a long article where educated idiots try to make their point. If you wish to wade through it all, you have the link. People who hold those ideologies are the bane of humanity. They are people just clever enough to learn a stupid idea, but not clever enough to see that it is stupid. They do well in universities, especially in departments devoted to the imbibing and regurgitating of ideology and this has given them influence and the ability to deflect criticism that the lunatic raving on a soap-box does not enjoy.
Grave Robbing for Fun and Profit
(The Guardian) “I’ve been in this field for 20 years, and I have never heard of a historic wreck, especially a large 8,000-tonne steel hull, being completely removed. I couldn’t believe it. I almost refused to believe it,” he said.
But a month later, staring through the silty water in the Java Sea, Hunter saw how the salvagers had “ripped [the Perth] from one end to the other”.
“You may as well just go into a war cemetery and dig it up. It’s no different to me, at all,” said Hunter, who comes from a military family. “I was completely horrified.”
Archeologists believe the criminals might be turning a profit because the hulls are one of the world’s few remaining deposits of “low-background” metals. Having been made before the atomic bomb explosions in 1945 and subsequent nuclear tests, the steel is free of radiation. This makes even small quantities that have survived the saltwater extremely useful for finely calibrated instruments such as Geiger counters, space sensors, and medical imaging. Some ancient ships, often centuries-old Roman vessels in European waters, have also been salvaged for their lead, which is also low-radiation and is used in nuclear power stations.
Overhead Artillery Support