Identify the mystery airplane, should you wish to hazard a guess.
- It is a military aircraft
- The pilot, standing to my right, is an old friend from SDVT-1* days when I was young, he was younger still, and I was his boss. Now he’s the boss and I’m a relic. Circle of Life (more sermonette)
- Yes it is an Army aircraft, he took an Army commission and left the Navy.
- This aircraft has flown on many low intensity conflict missions as well as higher intensity missions (Iraq and Afghanistan)
- To “win” (and you don’t win anything except the distinction of identifying the aircraft), you need the designating military number (i.e. P-51) and the name (i.e.) Mustang. No, it’s not a P-51 Mustang. That was only an example.
Locking out on a Dry Dock Shelter with a MK-8 SEAL Delivery Vehicle (photos below)
|A dry dock shelter (DDS) sits on the back of a nuclear submarine and carries
a MK-8 SEAL Delivery Vehicle.
Photos from USS Cavalla (no longer in commission – much like your blogger)