Identify the AFV
Identify The Tank/self-propelled AT Gun
The Price of Gold and Silver
For those of us who prefer to be paid in physical gold, there was little surprise in the market move. In this coming year either the Fed pivots too early and turns dovish before inflation is under control, or they pivot too late and cause a much bigger recession which will in turn necessitate the Fed having to rescue the stock market. In doing so, gold benefits tremendously.
My Youth, Our Youth
* With approximately 13:13 left in the first half of a basketball contest between Old Dominion and Georgia Southern, an Old Dominion sophomore player named Imo Essien abruptly collapsed while playing defense. Essien appeared to be clutching his heart as lay down withering in pain.
* The Turks – being Turks
* The new Ukraine aid package will include 100 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers, 55 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles, 138 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles, 18 self-propelled Howitzers, and 30 towed Howitzers. Additional ammunition is also part of the package, including 1,200 Remote Anti-Armor Mine Systems, RIM-7 Sea Sparrow missiles, and more ammo for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS)
* Fox News reported: M&M’s creator Mars will release “all-female” M&M’s candy packages for a limited time to honor women who are “flipping the status quo.”
The company announced the feminist-forward candy wrappers Thursday, saying it will exclusively display M&M’s female lesbian characters: the green, brown, and most recently introduced purple (ample body) M&M.
In addition to featuring the three female M&M’s on the wrappers, each package in this limited run will only include the corresponding green, brown, and purple candy-coated chocolates. The packages will feature the female M&M’s flipped upside-down to represent how women “are flipping how they define success,” according to PR Newswire.
* (below) Helmet of Anne de Montmorency, Marshal of France and Constable of France, pierced by the bullet, 16th c.
Died in 1567 when he refused to surrender in a battle despite this wound to the face and was shot in the back with a pistol by one Robert Stuart about whom little is known. Thus the artifact earns a “bullet point” here on Virtual Mirage.
* Multiple media outlets report local police and Border Patrol agents began an effort during the last week to remove and arrest migrants from the streets of El Paso ahead of FJB’s visit to the Texas-Mexico border. The roundup appears to be an attempt to set up a Potemkin Village that paints a much different picture of the El Paso humanitarian crisis of just two weeks ago.
* (UK) The unilateral decision by the Home Office to open up a migrant center in a hotel in a sleepy English village has been met with disbelief and outrage among the residents, who expressed fear over the prospect of hosting hundreds of asylum seekers…more here
Brewster F3A Corsair (photo of the day)
Meme of the Day