(4) The wedge salad has gained traction in America in recent years, but it’s just limp iceberg lettuce with some blue cheese dressing on it – until you add bacon. Spinach salad is NOTHING without the bacon dressing.
(5) Meatloaf is not an American classic. Meatloaf wrapped with bacon is.
(6) Casseroles are ok — I guess, but when you sprinkle bacon bits (freshly home cooked – not the bottled, simulated, vegetarian, kosher bacon bits) on them, they are fully edible.
(7) Turkey stuffing is not really worth considering until you add bacon.
(8) I like bacon in my potato salad. Sort of that German style salad with a hint of that bacon smoke.
(9) Shrimp skewers (diablo shrimp) take on a whole new flavor when they are wrapped and cooked with bacon.
(10) Baked potato is good when the skin is crispy, and rubbed with heavy grind salt, but the inside is improved when you add a little bacon.
|Lady Gaga likes bacon too.|
This bacon blitz may be rooted in the fact that most professional chefs are men. A study commissioned to determine which perfumes really set men’s noses alight concluded that the average fellow’s favorite scent is frying bacon.
When Lady Gaga wrapped herself in bacon, she was only trying to tell guys that she was on their side…or something like that.