* The Plague Vax – The CDC will vote today to permanently shield Pfizer and Moderna from COVID vaccine injury liability. They will add the companies’ mRNA injections to the child and adolescent immunization schedules in an effort to defacto-force-vax all school children. There have been serious side effects to the vaccination that are not fully known. USGOV doesn’t care. Vax and boost are the standards for the nation. If you want to donate your body to Pfizer, you can do that here.
* She’s dumb as a post, but equity hires are. Trading wits with an imbecile isn’t something that you should take much pleasure from.
Biden called on oil companies to halt buybacks during a time of war.
We’re at war?
“So, you’re asking oil companies to further lower gas prices. What makes you think they are going to listen to an administration that is ultimately trying to put them out of business?” Doocy said.
“How? How is the administration trying to put them out of business?” KJP said.
* Who wants to live in Africa? CNN touts the advantages of living in an “African city of the future”. In the city, there would be no cars. Once again the liberal wet dream of hive cities rears its ugly head.
* “Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.” — Oscar Ameringer
* London – Prime Minister Liz Truss resigned, announcing she will be quitting after just 42 days in charge – with a leadership election to replace her ‘to be delivered within next week’. It’s a cold move. I had November 15 for the resignation pool and put a buck on it. If she could have lasted another month, I’d have won $5. Where is the equity in THAT?
* I missed out on the Roman celebration. I’m traveling you see, and sometimes important dates just slip past me. Armilustrium, October 19th, marks the end of the military campaign season. It is sacred to Mars.
* The Federalist – For now, there are only two paths open to conservatives. Either they awake from decades of slumber to reclaim and re-found what has been lost, or they will watch our civilization die. There is no third road.
This is for Mike_C
Count Dracula was 412 when he moved to England in search of new blood. Sauron was 54,000 years old when he forged The One Ring. Cthulhu saw galaxies flare into life and fade to darkness before he put madness into the minds of men. It’s never too late to follow your dreams.
When they first hit the market, I got a Norinco SKS still in Cosmoline, and 500 rds of Chinese milsurp ammo for about 150 bucks. Mainly to evaluate the cartridge, as I am not particularly fond of 5.56/.223.
I liked it well enough to invest in a K-Mini 30 Ranch rifle. This carbine runs fine w/ Ruger FACTORY mags.
The SKS was sold to partially finance an AR in 7.62X39. This after due diligence as there are some issues to be aware of.
Most recent addition: CZ 527M- a sweet little bolt-action carbine also in X39.
How many pages would LOTR be if in addition to the sniper rifle, they had proper off-road vehicles?
Or rotorcraft? What is the ceiling that a Nazgul can operate at?
How many pages would it have been if the Hobbits just told everyone to FOAD?
Then again, how many pages would it have been if the Elves and early HAumans had the fortitude of the Hobbits?
And… How many pages would it have been if the Hobbits had A-10s and AC-130s? And some Abrams and Bradleys?
What would happen if you dropped a nuke onto the caldera at Mt. Doom?
The dwarves should have paid more attention to uranium than they did to mythril.
Proper hobbits are a rustic people, very much not enamoured of any mechanical device more complicated than a shillelagh or a garrote. So no A-10 or Bradley.
Here’s a speculation that’s entirely adherent to canon: What would have been the history of the Third Age if, when Isildur at the brink refused to throw the Ring into the Cracks of Doom after cutting it from Sauron’s hand, Elrond had simply pushed him in?
A LOT of suffering and death over centuries would have been spared if Elrond had simply shoved his great-to-the-Nth nephew over the edge when he had the chance. Y’all think on that one for a while.
A message for our time?
Making the COVID vax as one of the normal inoculations for kids is NOT going to help the overall US vaccination rate. What are they going to do about the innumerable boosters that are required to maintain the vax’s ineffectiveness?
A good sniper rifle is of benefit to any number of situations be it Legolas trying to take out a bad guy or some other nefarious situation that needs a long distance solution.
Wakanda. No thank you.
CZ makes some very nice rifles and pistols. I found my self eyeing a CZ 75 the other day and had to forcibly tear myself away from the gun counter.
And here I thought Wakanda was the Indian God of Weather…as cited by Uncle Lou in Indian Summer, a great flick for those of us who went to some sort of Summer Camp (Scouts for me, but the experience was similar).