Twitter Post of the Day
There are a number of accounts of the Zulu Wars and within those accounts, the defense of Rorke’s Drift. The feature film Zulu (1964) covers the event with significant Hollywoodisms. My favorite book on the subject is, Like Wolves on the Fold by Lieutenant Colonel Mike Snook.
In the referenced film, Michael Caine is shown wearing a later pattern dress tunic, a white helmet with a star-shaped plate, which post-dates the war. The film’s representation of an infantry dress uniform from the period isn’t horrible – given that it’s a movie. – but in fact, most officers in the field wore a simpler style of uniform called ‘undress’ (i.e. not ‘full dress’), stripped of the gold lace, etc. Helmet plates were not worn because they were too conspicuous as a target, and helmets were dyed an improvised khaki color with tea or a dye made from bark.
In fact, the evidence suggests Bromhead was probably wearing something even simpler – an OR’s (i.e. ordinary soldier’s) ‘undress frock’ stripped of white braiding and cuff insignia altogether. His predecessor as commander of B Company was wearing this style of the jacket – his example survives in the regimental Museum in Brecon. Photographs of Bromhead with the company’s survivors at the end of the war show him wearing the same thing. Pictured above is a reconstruction of what both Bromhead and Lt. John Chard RE (his fellow officer at Rorke’s Drift) were probably wearing on the fateful day. After-action photos also show Gonville Bromhead VC wearing a navy blue patrol jacket with a pillbox cap. (above left)
* It’s not discussed enough. Ilhan Omar’s family didn’t flee oppression from the Barre Government. They worked FOR the Islamist-Marxist Barre regime. They fled when he was deposed because they feared justice. from. their. own people.
* FJB regime pressuring the FBI to manufacture extremists – Current and former FBI agents told The Washington Times that the perceived White supremacist threat is overblown by the administration. They said top bureau officials are pressuring FBI agents to create domestic terrorist cases and tag people as White supremacists to meet internal metrics.
* It always amazes me that you can have the puppeteers right there, clearly operating the muppet and your brain just edits that fact out and the muppet comes alive in front of your eyes. (see right for an example)
* What’s the difference between kissing ass and brown-nosing? “Penetration.”
* According to the series The Rings of Power, Galadriel is the most insufferable, toxic, unlikable, arrogant, conceited, self-centered, retarded elf on Middle Earth, and one of the most incompetent leaders you could have the misfortune of serving under. The series is dimly reflective of Tolkien’s writing.
* 14th Row Seat – ‘If I were president, they wouldn’t have sat me back there’: Trump MOCKS Biden for being sat 14 rows back at the Queen’s funeral – and says there is ‘no respect for the US two years after leaving office. I don’t know about that, there is plenty of respect for the FJB regime here on Virtual Mirage.
* F-35s for Switzerland (h/t Claudio) -STUTTGART, Germany — Switzerland has inked a deal to procure three dozen F-35A fighter jets, dodging a proposed popular referendum in the hopes of receiving the new jets by the end of the decade.
The Ice Cream Machine at Mcdonald’s…
…is finally working