Do you expect loyalty from somebody who can’t even give you honesty?
And I’m not talking about the partner who did you wrong, took your money, your truck and your dog and headed south (cue a country song).
On January 24, members of the US Senate received a classified briefing about the ECONOMIC threat posed by the Chinese Plague/COVID-19. According to public records, the following US Senators dumped stocks, taking a profit:
Senator Richard Burr (R-NC)
Senator Kelly Loefner (R-GA)
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Senator Jim Hofe (R-OK)
You don’t have to look it up. It’s all over the news and the Donkeys and their media surrogates are trying to use it to eliminate their competition. But party politics aside (if that’s even possible), what should be done about it? Or are they special? Or maybe I’m best asking, “how special are they?”
Trading on inside information is a crime.
* Be left alone. They were only looking after their own interests.
* Forfeit the profit that they made, with the money going to the US Treasury?
* Forfeit x2 the profit that they made (a fine in other words)?
* Be impeached and removed from office?
* Go to the same federal prison that Martha Stewart went to for doing the same thing?
* Be executed? (I know that some of this blog’s readers will favor that option)