I sent this letter to email@example.com:
- Rent the Island of Rhodes (Greek Island off the coast of Turkey) from the Greek Government, which is bankrupt and in need of cash. It could be any Greek island, I picked Rhodes because of its size and close proximity to the theater of combat.
- Create a massive relocation camp on the Island of Rhodes and ship them all there based on their willingness to sign a contract. Feed the women, children, old and infirm, train the men.
- Military age refugee men and women willing to serve would be trained and sent into the Levant (Iraq/Syria) to fight ISIL. Since most of the refugees are Christians, I don’t think that they’d mind.
- Group them by nationality into battalions that are brigaded for the purpose of military campaigns. Have experienced NATO officers lead them with military support for the same (US/Canadians support the Syrian refugees, Germans the Iraqi refugees, France for the Africans, for example, etc.)
- Allow service of say, five years under arms, to equate to what is substantially citizenship to live in the (formerly ISIL-occupied) lands that they liberate. Give them land as a reward.
- Pay them a nominal fee possibly from the IMF, World Bank, or a separate fund for service and feed/house their families on Rhodes while they’re under arms.
I’m almost positive that this won’t get any traction because it’s not “progressive” — but allowing the hundreds of thousands of refugees (around half of whom are military age males and females) to go back and fight for their homes and smash ISIL seems to make sense. They will get what they want and the world will get what it wants. Normally I don’t sent my gripes to Fox News, but I did this time because I’m “mad as hell”.
One More Thing (a P. S.)
The headlines today read: Vatican will shelter 2 families fleeing war
Coming Up: The next fictional short (a science fiction effort), Planetfall, will go live on Virtual Mirage this coming week.