I hope that the Holiday Season is working out for you.
Be careful, she isn’t wearing a mask!
I saw a commercial for an elderly assistance program. It showed Grandma at home with a meal in front of her, flanked by a healthcare worker wearing a mask, doing a facetime or zoom meeting with her family at Christmas. (slowing the spread perhaps – extreme social distancing) Christmas is a time for families and yes, if you’re sick, you shouldn’t make a point of killing grandma, but if you’re not, leaving people alone when there is an alternative, is cruel. It may be progressive, but it’s cruel.
I realize that Camela Harris is technically opposed to Christmas as a democrat, as was Barack and Joe, but every time I see her, I say Ho-Ho-Ho, reflexively. I don’t know what comes over me.
Browsing 2020 Movies
It’s December 2020 and the movies for the year are in the can, some have gone direct to video. In a moment of wanting to see something new I scrolled over the Rotten Tomatoes picks for the admittedly weird plague year. I didn’t find anything at all interesting. What I did find was typified by tag lines:
- Middle-age masculinity gone wrong.
- A lot of LGBTQ+ themes, none of which hold the slightest interest.
- Film about intrepid journalists. That sort of fantasy is too far out there to be accepted even if I completely suspend disbelief.
- Film by Liam Neeson, the Irish actor who makes films with gun violence and crusades against the private ownership of firearms. Sorry Liam. Good actor but on the shit list. Same with the kiddy banger, Tom Hanks – frequent guest of the now dead Epstein.
- Film about the current plague. I’m living through it. I don’t need to see a film about one actor’s journey.
- Films (lots) about “the black experience.” May be fun for some but not for me. Spike Lee, productions.
- Down-on-their-luck playwrite in New York City. Uh-no.
- Foreign film on a point that can’t be fathomed.
- Liberal person interest film about liberal people doing liberal things and exploring homosexuality.
- Slasher film
- Karate film
- Indian Bollywood production
- Film about supernatural Mayans doing exotic stuff in a dream context. You’d need to chew peyote to enjoy it.
- Dope Film, about how cool it is to be peddling drugs.
There were movies made. Just none that appeal to me.
Alien Invasion Corner
Wearing a mask by yourself in a car is like putting on a condom and going to bed alone.