* The Last Honest Reporter? Sign broke the news of a 2016 meeting between former President Bill Clinton, whose wife Hillary Clinton at the time was running for president and was being investigated by the FBI, and the then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport tarmac. At the time, their meeting was cast as a potential conflict of interest.
* The FDA is set to authorize updated COVID-19 booster shots for newer Omicron strains without completed human tests: The agency will assess new vaccines based on mice research and older vaccines. Will they work better? “No one knows. Dr. Paul Offit, a vaccine expert at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and an FDA vaccine adviser, said the antibody jump from that earlier BA.1-tweaked candidate was ‘underwhelming.'”
* The regime is trotting out Rep Adam (Shifty) Schiff (D-CA), a notorious mountebank and liar to support their narrative against President Trump. They must be feeling a lot of desperation.
* The U.S. Coast Guard Academy has banished seven cadets from the grounds for being unvaccinated, even though multiple lawsuits have stopped other services from continuing to impose the vaccine mandates. The seven cadets are better off finding a different career IMHO. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has now acknowledged the experimental vaccine does not prevent the acquisition or spread of infection. Major concerns about its present and future adverse side effects are being ignored. This raises profound questions regarding the legality of the Covid-19 vaccine mandate.
* The President of the Pontifical Academy for Life, Vincenzo Paglia, in the course of an interview given to Italian television channel RaiTre on August 26 (here), referred to the infamous Law 194 legalizing abortion as “a pillar of our social life,” scandalizing millions of Italian Catholics who are faithful to the Magisterium and are still mindful of the fiery words of John Paul II against that horrible crime, which in Italy alone has sacrificed over six million innocent children on the altar of selfishness and liberal anti-Christ ideology.
* In a shocking report, the U.S. Census Bureau recently admitted that it overcounted the populations of eight states and undercounted the populations of six states in the 2020 census.
All but one of the states overcounted is a blue state, and all but one of the undercounted states is red.
Those costly errors will distort congressional representation and the Electoral College. It means that when the Census Bureau reapportioned the House of Representatives, Florida was cheated out of two additional seats it should have gotten; Texas missed out on another seat; Minnesota and Rhode Island each kept a representative they shouldn’t have, and Colorado was awarded a new member of the House it didn’t deserve.
These harmful errors also mean billions in federal funds will be misallocated. Funding for many federal programs is distributed to the states based on population. Overcounted states will now receive a larger share of federal funds than they are entitled to, at the expense of the undercounted states.
* Battery replacement bill for a Chevrolet Volt. You can only imagine buying a used Volt, which is a POS in the first place, in my opinion, only to discover that the dealer is tacking on another $30K for a battery.
Sometimes I want to post up pictures of obscure M-4 Medium Tank variants and ask that they be identified – but I resist. There were so many over the course of the war. Some were not official variants, being “created” in depots behind the lines where they were towed for repair after receiving battle damage of varying degrees.
(above) M4A3E2 Jumbo and an M4A3(76)W of the 37th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division, in Germany. March 26, 1945.
Churchill infantry tank using a Churchill bridge-layer using another Churchill bridge-layer to cross a stream. Take that WSF! (our resident combat engineer).
B-17F Flying Fortress “Tiger Girl” of 560th Bomb Squadron, 388th Bomb Group, at RAF Knettishall. “Tiger Girl” went down over Stickgras, Germany, east of Delmenhorst, killing 9 of her crew.
He Didn’t Lie — shocking
I worked for an OEM for years. Forty bucks for ‘shop supplies’ seems a bit of a stretch, but the rather obivious question to ask first is: What model year Volt was that, anyway? Five minutes on google turn up it is 2012 – a decade old. And the battery is no longer made, which isn’t surprising as the technology and configuration within the vehicle has changed multiple times in ten years. Good luck finding an out of warranty part. Better look to the recycling industry and lo and behold this is what you get. Why? Because there is zero demand for decade old hybrid batteries and thus they are all melted down for their precious metal content. Whatever boomer owns that in FL at least got a nice internet story of the day.
Tanks. A random thought that just occurred to me–We painted white stars on our vehicles, but I don’t recall ever seeing a national insignia on British vehicles.
Tiger Girl–IIRC, what looks to be a bit of plumbing at the right rear of the nose is the control for the turret. It is stowed in that position when not in use.
Batteries. Old NFO has an excellent list of EV facts up over at his place.
“I am a tolerant Liberal!”…No, you are a moron and an enemy of everything good and decent, now go away you subversive, divisive, mindless piece of…”
Interesting how everything we see and hear from the America-haters – ironically from position of power and/or influence – is about dividing us into categories, labeling everyone as “such and such.” This is to to divide, because “divided we fall”. It’s the Marxist play.
Everything we see and hear is designed to distract…like a magician. Don’t buy it (I am guilty as anyone of reacting to the latest BS). The Student Loan was only one example, the guy has no authority…but that’s the distraction for the past week, with some continuing to blather on about this and that.
Like nearly everything else, it’s noise to distract. But behind the moronic spew-age, they project what they are planning.
Case in point: Biden just declared war on 74 million voters, threatening us with retaliation if we stand for The Constitution. Imagine the Jan 6th political prisoners on a massive scale. He’ll do it again today, and again tomorrow (infuriates me just thinking about it)at Independence Hall…that hallowed place where real men with strong foundations and clear minds set this country up, but also warned against the “enemy from within”, dictator wanna-be’s like This Clown and his Handlers.
Joe’s a distraction…everything they do is a distraction…so look for The Swamp’s real mess to amp up for the next 2 months. They are getting desperate, so will further show their rotten Marxist hand.
Churchill bridge-layer using another Churchill bridge-layer
I like it! Retrieving the bottom one must have been a bitch.
Watch, some shade tree mechanic will find a way to re power one with a lawn mower engine. Glad I’m retired. “Hey Tank, come take a turn. See if you can reason with this customer wanting to trade in his Volt. Seems he is upset about being upside down”. (owes more than the car is worth)
I would bet that the bottom Churchill self-retrieved. Churchill tanks were slow, but they had incredible hill climbing ability, one of the best of all time.
I don’t doubt you are correct about the Churchills. That said, unless they had the ability to have tracks going forward and reverse at the same time, one track would need to be locked while the other turned which is a dandy way to throw a track. Even pulling it out with something else might throw a track. Then again, how did it get in that position to begin with? Please excuse me; I learned long ago to look at any situation turning to shit.
If you look at how the tracks on the Churchill are configured, it’s likely the bottom one simply went very slowly nose-first into the wadi and then dragged itself forward. However, the Churchill was the first British tank to use the Merritt-Brown triple differential gearbox. Each track could be run at a different speed by the gearbox, and the turning effect was more pronounced in lower gears. In neutral, the Churchill treads could be run in opposite directions, enabling it to spin in place (neutral steering). The Churchill was underpowered, but its low gear was a very low-ratio gear.
Unless my eyes deceive me there are two stacked Churchills being used as the bridge in that picture. Must have been a desperately needed crossing.
Looks like it was a real “hold my beer” moment, for sure.
The $1.50 FL battery fee is a nice touch. Sort of like the bill the family gets from the PRC for the price of the round that was used to judicially murder, I mean execute after a scrupulously fair trial, a family member.
We can mock Brie Larson all we want for being an obnoxious, no-butt-having scold of a charisma void, but as a French-Canadian using a Swedish surname, she has little in common with the leaders of the 2nd wave feminists who were, to a Womyn, of Jewish ancestry. (iPhone doesn’t recognize “womyn” as a legit word. I denounce Apple! Forget the child labor and sweatshops, THIS is a problem.)
Re expectations graphic. Yes. This is one of the places where I come down hard on “my” people. We try to be fair within my/our group. But when someone comes whinging about being treated “unfairly” by an external known shitbag, they get about 5 min to vent. After that it’s: okay, now what do you plan to do about it?
Managing expectations. I start out trying to treat people as I would want to be treated. If they lie, cheat, try to steal from me then all bets are off and it is an eye for a tooth.
COVID BS. Was surprised that during my annual am I still kicking medical appointment, nobody asked me once about my vaccination status. Darn, I already had a short spiel all set.
Census. Despite it costing probably billions the mistake will almost certainly stand until the next census, especially since it seems slanted toward the Democrats…funny that. Also, be you all no one will be punished for what are obviously huge mistakes.
One thing I will say for President Biden. In a few ways he is doing pretty much what he said he would do when running for election. It was just that nobody believed him back then.
Truth has forced the wheels to come off the Covid wagon, yet…and this is just galling, Pfizer and their transplanted former exec’s at the FDA have another EAU “vaccine” for the Omicron “variant”. They’ll never let it go. The worst part is how many will be first in line for another shot that’s trashing their health while they extol it’s virtuousness.
I made a doctor’s appointment after canning the closet fascist I’d been seeing for years.
Waited 2 Months to be told to put a mask on.
They can go to hell by their own choice.
Every one of them.
And that’s a fraction of how I really feel about it.
They count on people to be compliant, NEVER back down from these mass formation psychotics. Marxists are cowards, they’ll fold as soon as someone gets in their face or ignores their idiocy.
I’ll add: God is with us, we have His armor.
There’s a lot to conjure with here. I like the tanks. then there’s tannies. Sure is strange how they’ve become all the rage all of a sudden. Sorry, girls, there’s a whole new breed.
There’s an active feminist/dyke resistance to this in the UK, interestingly, see TERFS. They’re outraged.
Wide ranging today! And no more vax for me… I’m done! Had the WuFlu twice.
Me too – two times, both miserable, like the flu. A pox on Covid vax. (I sound old Fredd who used to visit this blog)
I’ve been around numerous people who had The Plague. SLW had it, The Kids had (despite being vaxxed!), and several of the In-Laws had it.
I’ve been checked three times, and show no sign of exposure. ALL the test kits said “NEGATIVE”.
Guess I’m just too ornery to get it….
I had it. Better than the Shot.
Comments are closed.