- The first is that a great star will rise. The prediction is not so much a matter of astronomy as it is of astrology. The positions of stars in the sky are a great clock and in the world where the sky’s dome is not obscured by light pollution, great men study the movement of the stars.
- The second is that the baby will be born in Bethlehem, a very small town outside of the walls of Jerusalem where the great King David was born a thousand years before.
- The third prophecy is that the child must also be a direct descendant of David, a fact that can easily be proven by the temple’s meticulous genealogical records.
- Fourth, powerful men will travel from afar to worship him.
- Lastly, the child’s mother must be a virgin.
A child is born. The child’s name is Yeshua ben Joseph—or Jesus, meaning “the Lord is salvation.”
And whether or not you believe, the message of Peace on Earth and Good Will toward All resonates. If we could live that every day of every year, the planet would me a much more gentle place and far more livable. Simply applying, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,” creates a cycle of good.
May the goodness of Jesus Christ’s teachings of love, charity, tolerance, forgiveness and redemption resonate with you this day and always.