Fantasy Beach House
And because I’m old, there would need to be an elevator to get to the top. Don’t be a hater.
Isn’t it interesting how men and women have very different fantasy homes?
Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender
Money in the Bank
* Tim Allen (in response to FJB on Sixty Minutes) – “Biden was on 60 minutes. I heard he asked how long the show was,” Allen tweeted Monday.
* Arizona bans almost all abortions after re-enacting an 1864 law automatically triggered by end of Roe v. Wade: The only exception is for women whose life is put at risk by pregnancy. Liberal heads explode. But if they want to kill their child, they can go to California where it’s cool. (all this assumes that somebody knows what a woman is)
* “It is the function of mass agitation to exploit all the grievances, hopes, aspirations, prejudices, fears, and ideals of all the special groups that make up our society, social, religious, economic, racial, and political. Stir them up. Set one against the other. Divide and conquer. That’s the way to soften up a democracy.”- J. Edgar Hoover, Masters of Deceit
* All of your eggs in one basket? Didn’t Confucious have something to say about that? (h/t Claudio)
* USAF Academy – Diversity trainers instruct cadets to refrain from using gendered terms like “mom” and “dad”. Details obtained by Fox News include a slide presentation from the training titled, “Diversity & Inclusion: What it is, why we care, & what we can do.” This slide presentation advises cadets to use gender-neutral language when describing individuals.
“Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider ‘parent or caregiver’ instead of ‘mom and dad,’” the presentation states. “Use words that include all genders: ‘Folks’ or ‘Y’all’ instead of ‘guys’; ‘partner’ vs. ‘boyfriend or girlfriend.’”
* FBI Special Agent Steve Friend – whistleblower
The FBI ignored all of these rules and just kept telling him to shut up about the 6th and 8th Amendment violations. Every time he would object to something illegal or unethical, they would strongly suggest his job was in peril, asking him things like, “And how long do you expect to be working at the FBI?” or inviting him to do “some soul-searching” about how much he really wanted to be at the FBI.
Pretend that it’s Saturday and you have nothing better to do:
A thought experiment in time travel:
The lid of the time-door drops a payload atop it one second into the past. The receiver is directly beneath, such that any payload in the receiver blocks the trapdoor and it cannot open.
If the lid is not open, the box is empty, so the lid opens.
If the lid is open, the box is blocked, so the lid cannot open.
The lid opens downwards. You put the cube on the lid, the lid goes down, gravity pulls the box through the trap door, and it disappears and rematerialized under the closed lid one second earlier.
What does an observer see?
Assume the timeline splits at the moment of the experiment so that one experimenter places the payload on the trapdoor, but two experimenters in two parallel continua see two different results. What does each one see?
The lid does not go through the portal because opening the lid means the lid does not pass through the threshold after the lid is open. The act of opening the lid is how the threshold turns on and activates, somewhat as a refrigerator light comes on when one opens the door. You may assume a hinge for the purposes of the thought experiment.
For sake of simplicity, and to prevent facile or facetious answers, let us imagine the time-door to be a trashcan lid one-foot square, the receiver is a box one foot on a side, and the payload a cube that snugly fits within it. The time door is placed atop the box like a trashcan lid. There is no leftover room for some intruding fly or whatnot to enter the experiment or meddle with the result.
The experiment takes place on the moon, so we need not concern ourselves with details like air pressure or air displacement, or the bampf noise when the cube vanishes at one point in time and appears in a prior.
Also for the sake of simplicity, we assume the experimenter is able to destroy time cops or paradox police, historical revisionists, or killjoys, who show up to stop him, to remove such intruders retroactively before they exist. Time Lords are granted that scope of action.
Unseal the Records!